Music has been an essential part of me since I could remember myself. I minored in music, focusing on classical piano performance at the Peabody Conservatory of the Johns Hopkins University. Now, I am expanding my studies into jazz.
Some people categorize music as an ‘auditory cheesecake’, but I disagree. Music is holistic and cannot be broken down to indices. It is intentional, communicative, and inspirational. Music completes the ambience of human relationships. A sigh may be of disappointment or ineffability. Its true meaning is determined by its ‘music’, rather than the action itself. Like so, music goes beyond the conventional ‘do re mi’. It is seeded in every culture in its unique form.
Performances – Classical Piano
– F. Liszt, “Paganini Etude No.6 A minor”
– B. Bartók, “Six Dances in Bulgarian Rhythm”
– F. Liszt, “Au bord d’une source from Années de Pèlerinage”
– S. Prokofiev, “Pieces from Romeo and Juliet, Op.75”
– F. Chopin, “Etude Op.10, No.4 C#-minor”
– L. Beethoven, “Piano Sonata Op.27 – Moonlight Sonata”
– Also performances on Bach, Mozart, Brahms, Mendelssohn, Debussy, Rachmaninoff, Ravel, and Hindemith.
Performances – Jazz Piano
– Bill Evans ver., “Nardis (Davis), Peri’s Scope”
– Oscar Peterson ver., “Over the Rainbow”
– Uehara Hiromi, “Tom and Jerry Show”
– Dietz & Schwa, “Alone Together”
– Freddie Hubbard, “Up Jumped Spring”
Performances – Flute
– P. Taffanel, Andante Pastoral et Scherzettino
– F. Prokofiev, Sonata in D Major for Flute and Piano
– G. Enesco, Cantabile et Presto
– F. Doppler, Fantasie Pastorale Hongroise, Op.26
– G. Faure, Fantasie